Outside the standard School framework of any educational curriculum, there are endless opportunities for students to learn new skills and ignite new passions. Extracurricular activities are a vital element in any child’s development, often building on lessons and learning that begins during school hours. LSC offers a wide range of Extracurricular Activities for schools and children to choose from. Our aim is to get More Children, playing More Sport and being More Active by offering variety to give every child in your school the opportunity to try new sports, participate in their favourite sports, the opportunity to learn new skills whilst building friendships through learning and playing sport.
What Extracurricular Clubs do we offer?
- Breakfast clubs: Before school clubs consisting of individual/ team sport challenges and games used to engage the children preparing them for the school day a head.
- Lunch time support: Our coaches provide Lunch Time Activities for children to participate in at from a range of activities such as team sport playground games. We can also provide tailored Lunch Clubs for targeted children in small groups giving them the chance to experience unique sports and activities aimed for their development.
- After School Clubs: We can provide a range of After School Clubs tailored to your schools needs and the sporting demand from pupils. Having a variety of different sports on offer for children to enjoy after school. These can run for 1 or 2 hours, providing parents with an opportunity for a later pick up for their child/children. We also provide the option for After School Clubs to be parent paid and we will take on all the admin, so you don’t have to.
- Pupil mentoring: Our coaches can work with individuals or small groups during lesson time following our specifically designed programme that we can tailor to their needs.
- Sports Team Training: Preparation for school competitions through Sports Team Training, our coaches will prepare and train the school team, teaching them the rules & etiquette required for that sport to get them ready for competition season.
CONTACT US TODAY TO FIND OUT MORE
Need some help or inspiration with your PE lessons? Be like coach Andy and use one of our professional lesson plan resources – there are specific sessions for each year group from reception to year 6.
What do we offer within schools and nurseries?
- Breakfast clubs
- Character and education pupil mentoring
- Sports team training
- Lunch time support
- After-school clubs
- Parent paid or school paid (invoiced)
What are the benefits of working with LSC coaches?
LSC staff support children in their development of social skills, confidence, improved behaviour, developing relationships, inclusion and team building, as well as the obvious physical benefits which are associated with regular exercise.
Who are the LSC staff delivering to my children?
We have a dedicated coaching and mentoring staff who are qualified to a minimum of NGB Level 2 in at least one sport. All LSC staff hold an up-to-date DBS, Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Children certificate.
Staff will provide the schools with their own set of National Curriculum PE & Sports lesson plans, as well as providing regular pupil assessments which can be used for any Ofsted inspections and requested to be seen by parents.
On a half termly basis, all our staff are observed by our Quality Assurance Team and feedback is provided to the individual school.
Who do we work with?
We are proud to work a range of nurseries, primary and secondary schools in Leeds, Bradford, Cheshire East, Liverpool and Greater Manchester areas. We have also recently expanded our services in Greater London. In addition, we have a proven track record of working alongside SEN schools and OutReach UK, an organisation which delivers a focused mentoring programme.
Can anyone join in with LSC school programmes?
Yes. The LSC coaches deliver programmes which are tailor made to support the development of the individual child and are fully inclusive, from the ages of 18 months upwards. Pupils are challenged at a level relevant to their ability in order that they continue to progress and develop in a structured and appropriate way. Full session plans are provided to the nursery or school for each lesson we deliver.