The Little Sports Group (LSG) has created this policy which covers how we:
- Collect your data
- Use the data
- Disclose your data
- Transfer your data
- Store data
Version Date: 23/05/2018
1. Introduction and General Terms
- social media or official LSG content on other websites;
- mobile device;
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of LSG services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information the LSG may collect about you;
- how the LSG will use information we collect about you;
- when the LSG may use your details to contact you;
- whether the LSG will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
The Little Sports Group (LSG) is a group of companies providing sports and education across the UK. Working closely with schools and parents we deliver a wide range of programmes, from soccer schools, holiday camps and events to school sport, further education and a range of grassroots and non-league football clubs. Established in 2006, we work with thousands of children each week and hundreds of schools on a weekly basis. Our coaching sessions are delivered by our team of over 100 professional sports coaches and tutors who are hugely passionate about our mission of “More children, playing more sport and becoming more active.”
Our online services
The UK websites, littlesportscoaching.co.uk, coachout.co.uk are run by the LSG.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’the LSG’’ we are referring to the LSG, Little Sports Coaching, Cheadle Town FC (CTFC) and CoachOut.
3. What information will the LSG collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the LSG’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text the LSG, vote, donate money to a LSG charity appeal, book tickets for a LSG event or create an account using the LSG’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of LSG services (such as what you read or watch on LSG Online and items you have purchased when signed in to your LSG account).This can also consist of information about the children you ask us to care for their name, date of birth, school they attend and any medical conditions they may have. We will use your contact details to communicate with you about your child’s use of services.
Please note we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending a child to our holiday course we may need to know about any conditions that will help us to understand behaviour or medical conditions). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services may enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow the LSG to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by the LSG.
4. How will the LSG use the information it collects about me and my children?
The LSG will use your personal or your child’s personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, access our activities, register your child’s attendance, enable access to online content, to provide you with information about our services and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your purchasing history on our website to provide personalised messages, such as recommendations for after school clubs for your children’s school or offer you priority booking as an existing user of the service, we could present this information in your account area when you login or as a link to it on your homepage. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters or disable personalisation. Please visit Your Account in Using the LSG to find out more;
- we may also show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7;
- to contact you about a request or enquiry you have made, including any content you
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the LSG. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, to help us understand where demand for our service is coming from;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
- when you access a LSG website from outside the UK, you will see the international version, LittleSportsCoaching.com
Where the LSG proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 below for details.
5. Your LSG Account
If you have registered for a LSG account this will also allow you to login to the LSG website and other LSG websites.
We will only share what we need to in order to provide the service you are using
– we will never routinely share all of the data we hold about you.
You might be asked to use your LSG Account on other LSG services to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy LSG services.
Your LSG account will always be covered by the policies of this website. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if your LSG account is linked to another account.
6. When will the LSG contact me?
The LSG may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for yourself or on behalf of your child, in order to ensure that the LSG can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a LSG account, or to help you reset your password, if there are unplanned changes to our service delivery due to unforeseen events, such as extreme weather or school closure or if there is an emergency relating to your child);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about LSG products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the LSG, e.g. on the LSG social media or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in customer service surveys about the LSG services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to the LSG’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section
We will never contact you to ask for your LSG account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from the LSG.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The LSG will only send you marketing emails or contact you on LSG platforms where you have agreed to this.
We offer regular emails, including a monthly update, to let you know about LSG programmes and services. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting the LSG.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of LSG platforms.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat, Mail Chimp and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a LSG account and have used LSG products and services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from the LSG, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop all personalised services from the LSG, including targeted advertising messages, you can visit Your Account and contact from us in marketing preferences.
8. Will the LSG share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the LSG except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
We may share your information across our commercial subsidiaries, such as CoachOut, LS Education, CTFC where this is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested.
Generally, we will use your information within the LSG and will only share it outside the LSG where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Mail Chimp, Snapchat and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7.
Sometimes the LSG uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. The LSG requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the LSG requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
We may share your personal information with our education delivery partners to enable registration with your education service provider.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on LSG websites
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to LSG websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any LSG service, the LSG may remove such content.
Where the LSG reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, the LSG may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. The LSG would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection law.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
All users of our service should be aged 18 or over.
11. How long will the LSG keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the LSG. If you delete your LSG account then your personal information about your child, your email, child’s name and dates of birth is deleted immediately, transactional information about what you have bought will be retained for a minimum of 7 years and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your LSG account, please see section 12 below.
12. Can I delete my data?
You can always delete your LSG account. Find out how to delete your account here. Deleting your account won’t delete any data you’ve shared with the LSG for reasons that aren’t connected with your LSG account. For example, if you apply for job or have shared or posted content on social media platforms.
As explained in section 11 above, deleting your LSG account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used the LSG services will be made anonymous.
13. Can I find out what personal information the LSG holds about me?
From outside the UK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Little Sports Group, The Old Stables, Ross Ave, Manchester M19 2HW.
For safety and security, we will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months).
14. What if I am accessing LSG websites outside the UK?
The LSG website is published in the UK by the LSG as LittleSportsCoaching.co.uk.
15. Web browser cookies
a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the LSG website. You can turn Functional and Performance cookies on and off -see LSG cookies and how to reject cookies in d) below:
On LSG websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your LSG account and to provide a more personalised experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our holiday course pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits. The LSG uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users.
c) Third party cookies in embedded content on LSG pages
Please note that during your visits to LSG websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to the LSG or the LSG’s contractors.
To support our service, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of the LSG website. The LSG does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the LSG website. However, most browsers will allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies.
Where the LSG embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some websites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behaviour for their own purposes. The LSG does not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
d) LSG cookies and how to reject cookies
A visit to LSG websites may generate the following types of cookie: Cookies to provide functionality
- SESS[Unique ID]:This cookie allows logging in and remembering which contact forms you have submitted. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user
- tableDrag.showWeight, has_js and Drupal.toolbar.collapsed: Our Content Management System, Drupal sets these cookies to store user interface preferences.
- _ga , _gid and _gac_UA-: These cookies are set by the web analytics service google
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described.
Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of LSG services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
e) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide the LSG with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. Where requesting local information about holiday courses or after school clubs in your area, it may be possible for you to choose to provide the LSG with access to your device’s location through the web-browser. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to LSG Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
16. How to avoid tracking technologies
How to avoid web beacons and other tracking technologies
You can normally render them ineffective by switching off cookies in your browser. There are also browser add-ons and extensions that specifically block web beacons.
To avoid web beacons in emails, you can turn off images in your email service. Check your email’s Help section to find out how.
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies.
When you use a LSG website on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide the LSG with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).
When you sign in to a LSG app, your sign-in details may be stored securely on the device you are using, so you can access other LSG apps on the same device without needing to enter your sign-in details again.
If you have any concerns about the information which might be accessed from or stored on your device by the LSG, you may wish to only access LSG content through a web browser and review your web browser settings. Visit Using the LSG (“How can I stop my internet browser tracking my info?”) for more information.
19. Other LSG Operations e.g. CoachOut, CTFC LS Education
Some areas, such as CoachOut have their own Privacy policies which you should also read before submitting your personal information.
The Data Protection Officer, The Little Sports Group, The Old Stables, Ross Ave, Manchester M19 2HW. (Email: email@example.com).